Boise State University Policy #: 2260
Effective Date: July 1, 1978
Revisions: July 1, 1995
To establish a procedure for arranging class field trips
- I. Policy Statement
If field trips are considered educationally beneficial to students, the following procedures must be followed prior to scheduling the trip.
- A. An official Travel Request and Authorization (T590) must be completed and submitted by the responsible faculty member to his/her department chairperson and dean for approval at least two to three (2-3) weeks in advance of the planned trip. A list of the students participating in the trip and a copy of the itinerary, including lodging arrangements must be attached to the Form T590. The responsible faculty member will advise his / her students that it is their responsibility to check with their other instructors regarding class absences due to field trips.
- B. When authorization from the department head and dean of the college has been obtained, the Travel Request and Authorization will be submitted to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and also to the Vice President for Student Affairs for approval.
- C. After the field trip has been authorized by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and Vice President for Student Affairs, the Travel Request and Authorization is sent to the Office of Travel Services for processing.
- D. If any private vehicles are taken on the field trip, the responsible faculty member will determine that each driver has sufficient insurance to cover all occupants of the vehicles as well as liability. In addition, a waiver and release of liability must be signed by the student.
- E. Nearby campus field trips, not involving transportation or cost to the department, can be scheduled by the department chairperson at his/her discretion.