Boise State University Policy #4090
Effective Date: July 1, 1978
Rev: January, 1994
July 1, 1995
July 27, 2010
Purpose: To provide a course numbering system.
- Courses are numbered on the basis of the following:
- 000-099 Non-credit courses
- 100-199 Freshman level courses
- 200-299 Sophomore level courses
- 300-499 Upper-division level courses
- 500 -above Graduate level courses
- Upper-division level courses numbered at the 300 or 400 levels may be given ‘G’ designation to carry graduate credit. The department or school concerned will have the right to limit the number of ‘G’ credits which can count toward any master’s degree or certificate for which it has responsibility and in no case can more than one-third of the credits in a degree or certificate program be in courses at the 300 and 400 level. No course numbered below 500 carries graduate credit unless the letter ‘G’ is affixed. Graduate students enrolled in ‘G’ courses will be required to do extra work in order to receive graduate credit for the courses.