Boise State University Policy #4320
Effective Date: July 1, 1989
Rev: July 1, 1995
Purpose: To establish a process for peer review of faculty.
- I. Procedure
- Each department or equivalent unit of the University may annually elect, having previously agreed upon the procedure, a personnel committee. The personnel committee shall carry out the duties identified below. Membership on the personnel committee shall be limited to tenured members of the department or unit.
- If a department or unit does not use a personnel committee, the chairperson shall be responsible for carrying out these duties for the department.
- II. Duties
- The personnel committee (or chairperson) shall:
- 1. Conduct the departmental peer review process to annually review the performance of nontenured, official faculty members of their department or unit.
- 2. Conduct the process for making the departmental recommendation for promotion, tenure, or tenure review and report the recommendation to the college, school, or division promotion and tenure committee.
- 3. Carry out any other personnel responsibilities as assigned by a vote of the department.
- III. Responsibility
- The department or unit chairperson shall be responsible for carrying out this policy.