Boise State University Policy #4390
Effective Date: July 1, 1978
Rev: July 1, 1995
Purpose: To establish a procedure allowing an exchange between state agency personnel and University faculty personnel.
- I. A faculty exchange occurs when the faculty member has been assigned for a particular semester to a state agency or institution of higher education to perform duties as prescribed by that particular agency/institution. The agency, in turn, provides a qualified person(s) to cover the classes normally taught by the faculty member. The exchange program can serve as a means of benefiting students, as well as the faculty member.
- Before a faculty exchange program can be initiated, the following requirements must be met:
- 1. The department chair must submit to the dean a completed Employment Action Form, along with a complete description of the proposed exchange. This must be initiated prior to the desired semester in which the proposed exchange is to take place.
- 2. If approved, the dean will sign the Employment Action Form and forward the form and description to the Provost and the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- 3. If approved by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, this request will be submitted to the State Board of Education for approval.
- These steps must be followed to insure State Board approval prior to the initiation of the exchange. No commitments should be made until the State Board approval has been granted.