Boise State University Policy #4410
Effective Date: July 1, 1978
Rev: July 1, 1995
Purpose: To establish an annual leave policy for faculty.
- I. Policy
- A. This policy applies only to faculty defined as:
- Administrators, who do not fall within the framework of the Idaho Personnel Commission, who fall under the definition of Idaho Code Title 67, Chapter 53, and who are faculty or other personnel with an annual contract who works through the semester break and spring vacation.
- B. Faculty will accrue annual leave at the rate of two (2) days for each month of service during a given fiscal year. No employee shall be permitted to accrue more than thirty (30) days annual leave.
- C. Faculty who work less than one-half (1/2) time shall be ineligible to accrue annual leave. Faculty who work on a part-time or irregular schedule more than one-half (1/2) time and through semester breaks and spring vacation shall accrue annual leave at the rate of .0924 hours per one (1) hour worked.
- D. Vacations will be scheduled according to the work requirements of each institutional unit with reasonable consideration allowed for the needs and desires of the employee.
- E. Annual leave accumulated in a given fiscal year is transferable with a state employee when such person is transferred to another state agency. Accumulated sick leave may also be transferred when a state employee transfers to another state agency.
- F. Central records for annual leave accumulated and used will be maintained in the Payroll office.
- G. Faculty shall receive a lump sum payment for earned, but unused, vacation leave not to exceed thirty (30) days at the time of contract termination.
- II. Procedure
- A. Faculty who are on a fiscal appointment must complete the Leave Request Form when requesting annual leave.
- B. Request for annual leave will be forwarded to the employee’s immediate supervisor for approval and then submitted to the Payroll Office.
- C. Annual leave records for faculty will be maintained in the Payroll Office.